Office & Networking
Accessories & Peripherals
You have no items in your shopping cart.
The DES-1008C 8-Port 10/100 Switch is is an 8-port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet switch that allows you to quickly set up a wired network. Connect the DES-1008C to multiple computers together to share files and folders, or connect it to a router to share an Internet connection.
The D-Link DES-1008C 8-Port 10/100 Switch uses auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps ports, allowing a small workgroup to flexibly connect to Ethernet and Fast Ethernet devices to create an integrated network. These ports detect the network speed and auto-negotiate between 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX, as well as between full and half-duplex, allowing you to get the maximum speed possible for each device connected to your network.
All ports support automatic MDI/MDIX crossover, eliminating the need for crossover cables or uplink ports. Each port can be plugged directly to a server, hub, router, or switch using regular straight-through twisted-pair Ethernet cables.
802.3x flow control on each port minimizes dropped packets when the port’s receiving buffer is full. This gives you a more reliable connection for all of your connected devices, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted network connection.
|Standards and Protocols||• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
• IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
|Network Media||- 10BASE-T: UTP CAT 3/4/5/5e (100 m max.), EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- 100BASE-TX: UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.), EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
|Interface||Eight 10/100 Mbps LAN ports|
|LED Indicator||• Per port: Link/Activity/Speed
• Per device: Power
|Power Supply||External 5V/0.55A power adapter|
|Features||• Auto MDI/MDIX crossover for all ports
• Secure store-and-forward switching scheme
• Full/half-duplex for Ethernet/Fast Ethernet speeds
• Supports 2,048 byte jumbo frames
• Back pressure at half-duplex operation
• Wire-speed reception and transmission
• Store and-Forward switching method
• Auto-negotiation for each port
• RAM Buffer: 96 KB per device
• Transmission Method: Store-and-forward
|Power Consumption||• Power On (Standby): 0.55 watts
• Maximum: 1.55 watts
|Dimension (W x D x H)||131 x 54 x 21 mm|